C56x product is developed for the fermentation of streams containing cellulose and xylose.
Typical applications for this product include:
- The fermentation of mixed sugar streams after enzymatic hydrolysis in second generation ethanol processes
- The fermentation of washed solids streams in second generation ethanol
- The fermentation of pure cellulose streams
These products combine many of Mascoma’s core technologies into a single product that has a significant impact on the operating economics of second generation ethanol production processes.
Key technical features of these products include:
- Proven ability to reduce process enzyme requirements by 30 to 60 percent
- Proven ability to consume xylose at rates equivalent to glucose consumption
- A robust background capable of operating in the demanding environments typical of second generation ethanol
To request more information about this product or to order please click here